Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Custom Envelope Liner Tutorial

My little Ava is officially two years old. I am getting the hang of motherhood and getting better at balancing family and work. I've finally found more time for myself and my crafts - though sometimes, finding more time for crafts can mean long hours and sleepless nights. I have many ideas and designs I want to share with you and I hope I'll have the time to record my thoughts and creations here on this little blog.

A few weeks ago, I put up pictures from Ava's 2nd birthday party here on this blog. Today I'll be sharing pictures of the invitation I made, as well as my simple technique on making a customized envelope liner. Custom envelope liners are super easy and fun to make, and a sure way to add that extra bit of personalization and coordination to your invitation.



Materials:
Paper trimmer (or scissors)
Printed paper (custom print or store-bought)
Glue stick (or double-sided tape)
Envelope (5 1/4" x 7 1/4")

How to create a custom envelope liner (refer to pictures below):
1. Gather your materials.
2. Cut the paper to 5" x 7 1/4". One 8 1/2" x 11" sheet can make 2 liners.
3. Fold the paper lengthwise. Bottom should be about 3" long and top should be 
    about 2" high.
4. Insert the folded paper in the envelope.
5. Append the top of the paper with glue or double-sided tape to the envelope.
6. Cut any excess paper.

And you've got yourself a custom envelope liner! Pretty simple, right?








I'm also pleased to share that my first attempt at styling a dessert table was featured at A to Zebra Celebrations. Hooray! Make sure to check it out.


3 comments:

  1. What a bright idea! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! Will definitely be using that in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! always wondered how to do this! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Drop me a line or two. Thanks! :-)