Thursday, November 3, 2011

Book Style Wedding Invitation

I'm a little behind in sharing the wedding invitation I made for Margie & Jerry who got married on September 17. From the time Margie and I first spoke, I literally had one week to come up with a design, order the supplies, and put together 100 invitations. Our correspondence was purely through phone conversation and emails.

Though pressed for time, I can say I'm happy with how the invitations turned out. The nation of Israel had a very deep religious connection to the the bride and groom and they wanted specific "touches" - symbols, wording, biblical verses, and colors - throughout the invitation that made it much more personal and meaningful for them. The crown symbol followed by the verse "She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee" [Prov. 4:9] graced the front, while a torch with the verse "For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I will not keep quiet, Until her righteousness goes forth like brightness, And her salvation like a torch that is burning"[Isaiah 62:1] adorned the bottom of the cover's overleaf.

THE INVITATION: book-style, printed on pearl white metallic paper, covered with pastel blue vellum paper, tied together with a wine colored sheer ribbon.









3 comments:

  1. It's good to hear from you Andrea! :) Great work on the invites! Did you hand tie all the ribbons??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tang! Yes!...which was probably the hardest part of it all! :)

    Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha.. Andrea, your workspace is probably just CLEAN. :)))

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Drop me a line or two. Thanks! :-)